Make your home well-heated to ensure your loved ones’ safety in the harsh winters. Consider adding a heater to ensure your home is kept at a comfortable temperature throughout the winter. A properly maintained furnace will have an extended life and affordable maintenance costs.
You can get deals and discounts when purchasing HVAC units; however, there are few deals on maintaining the equipment. Consider scheduling your HVAC maintenance before your purchase.
1. Importance of Professional Maintenance
- After you have purchased and installed an HVAC device, be it an HVAC system for heating or cooling system, it is essential to maintain it in the best shape by performing regular maintenance and service.
- Electrical appliances require care and maintenance, no matter how large or small. It is possible to ignore the maintenance of small electric appliances, but you must pay attention to your large HVAC equipment.
- HVAC systems that don’t receive regular maintenance or service will lose efficiency over time. In addition to lower efficiency, you will pay increased electricity costs and repairs to be done. This means you’ll have to pay for everything due to the lack of maintenance.
- To avoid such expenses, call your professional technician to request heating maintenance in Sedalia, MO, at least once a year to avoid such expenses.
- The technician will check various small and large components responsible for the system’s operation, such as the coils, fan filter, drain lines, leakages, refrigerant levels, etc. Also, they will ensure that the system is operating per its specifications.
2. Importance of Changing Filters Regularly
Both cooling and heating systems are equipped with filters in their components. Filters are responsible for capturing dust, dirt, bacteria, allergens, and pollen grains that are floating in the air inside.
Blocked air filters hinder airflow, making the system run for extended periods, similar to dirty heat pumps and condensers. In addition, dirty air filters can not eliminate pollen or allergens in the indoor air, and family members could suffer respiratory problems and increased allergies over time.
Replace or clean the filters in your HVAC system every two to three months, at a minimum, as per your system’s needs. If you smoke or have pets, you should change the filters monthly. This will ensure that the system operates effectively and that all your loved ones are in good health and security.
3. A Checklist to Keep in Mind for the Maintenance of your Heater
A checklist will assist you if you want to take care of your heater. However, you must keep in mind that, at times, DIY heating maintenance in Sedalia, MO, could be complex.
- Check the thermostat settings.
- Verify the electrical connection and repair it if necessary.
- Apply lubricant on the moving parts.
- Make sure to clean the condensate to ensure that it is empty.
- Check the start and shut-off cycles.
- Make sure you have working gas and oil connections.
- Verify the combustion of your burner.
- Check the gas pressure.
- Check the heat exchanger.
- Clean/change the air filter.
Turner Heating & Air Conditioning provides services for its customers around the clock. Our team will contact you immediately after you reach us. Call or send an email if your HVAC system is causing you trouble. We are here to help you feel comfortable and make you and your HVAC system more effective.